- 2 angled mounting cleats
- 4 furniture feet with heavy-duty mounting bolts attached and ready to install
- Mounting screws to attach cleats to base. Note: Base must be ¾’’ thick or more
- 8 cleat lengths: 12'' - 36''
- 5 feet heights 4'' - 12''
- Available in 4 wood species: maple, cherry, white oak, and walnut
- Unfinished, sanded with 180 grit paper
- Mounting bolts: 2 ½'' length by 3/8'' diameter with a 1/2'' reveal
- Optional metal tips in 6 finishes. Adds 3 days processing time.
Features and Benefits
- Quick and easy assembly
- Free shipping next business day
- Sturdy and durable
- Attractive design meant to be seen
- Available finished or unfinished
- Take pride in making your own furniture
- Customize to match your existing furniture
- Sets are priced lower than buying individual parts
- Furniture maker? Easy to modify and resell
If ordering in quantities of 10 sets or more, please allow 5 additional business days for lead time.
Choosing the Right Cleat
For maximum strength and stability, the cleats should be 1-2” shorter than the depth of the piece of furniture. (e.g., use a 20” cleat under a 22” deep case piece.) The angled cleats will make the feet splay outward. Ideally the toe of the foot should not extend beyond the edge of the furniture.
The Feet & Cleat Sets are designed to hold more weight than dowel screws or metal attachment plates. Each cleat is secured to your base with 6 (or more) mounting screws, and the feet are secured to the cleats with heavy-duty mounting bolts. The critical factors for maximum strength and stability are the length of the cleat and the material you are attaching the cleat to. If correctly installed into 3/4 inch material the cleats will bear considerable weight. If the material is thinner or softer—such as fiberboard—strength will be diminished. Ditto if the distance between the cleats is quite long.
Feel free to call us at 800 748-3480 if you’d like to talk more!
Modern Revival of a Timeless Design
The McCobb Mid-Century Modern Feet and Cleat Set was created to be highly adaptable and durable. Our signature wooden cleat system is designed to be seen and appreciated, offering an alternative to concealed metal mounting plates. This Cleat & Feet Set works great under a credenza, stereo cabinet, book case, bed, sofa, tv storage unit, and more.
Paul McCobb was an Irish-American furniture designer who came to prominence in the late 1940’s and remains popular today. The intent behind his designs always remained true to Mid-Century Modern style: maximal strength, minimal materials, clean lines, and attention to detail. One of the most sought-after styles were his straight tapered feet. We offer these wood feet as homage to one of the greatest furniture designers of the 20th century.