- Drives threaded insert bolts: When using Threaded Insert Bolts, use this driver to install them into the foot, leg or column.
Installing threaded insert bolts requires a little woodworking skill.
- A Threaded Insert Bolt Driver
- Threaded Insert Bolts
- A power drill (impact driver works best)
- An 11/32" drill bit
- With the 11/32" drill bit, bore an accurately positioned pilot hole in the center of the top block of your leg or column—just over 1 ¼"deep. We recommend using a drill press to make the pilot hole.
- Use the Threaded Insert Bolt Driver in your power drill to install a Threaded Insert Bolt into the hole, being careful to install it vertically into the leg or column. We recommend a padded clamp-on vise to hold the part in place.