Wood Plank Countertops and Thick Table Tops
Get a thick wood countertop from TableLegs.com. Our custom plank style tops are the perfect solution for creating a warm and inviting setting for your home, kitchen or office. Each face grain countertop is individually handcrafted to your specifications. We maximize board width to minimize seams. We use only full-length boards running the full length of the countertop for a gorgeous result—we never use butt joints or finger joints. Enjoy the rich, natural character of top-grade solid wood types. Order a North American Red Maple Countertop, Black Walnut Countertop or exotic Mahogany Countertop.
Crafting our wide plank wood countertops takes about 15 days of work. Each top is made to order—cut to size just for you. Our top-grade hardwood countertops are made starting with 8 inch wide planks. We hand select each board to guarantee well-balanced color matching and consistent grain characteristics. Boards are carefully clamped together with premium waterproof wood glue and set to dry for several days. Unfinished countertops are then sanded progressively up to 180 grit—perfect for the DIYer looking to finish at home. Finished countertops get additional sanding to a glossy 220 grit, then are hand-coated with food-safe Monocoat natural oil to protect the wood. Monocoat creates a durable, plant-based, 0% VOC satin-matte luster that lasts a lifetime of daily use.
Why Solid Hardwood?
Your kitchen is the hub of activity in your home. As the centerpiece of your kitchen, your countertops bring family and friends together. Consider the difference between gathering around a warm, solid wide-plank countertop vs a cold steel or stone surface. When chatting, preparing food, or sitting at a breakfast bar, the environment you create with your choice of materials makes all the difference.
- Top-grade—built to last: Premium wide-board solid hardwood at 1 3/4" thick (for thinner table tops, see custom wood table tops or round wood table tops)
- Premium wood stock: Choose from 3 genuine solid wood types—hand-selected for grain and color
- Custom size: Choose your dimensions up to 48" x 96"
- Hand-sanded and prepared: Choose finished with Monocoat Pure Oil for a satin matte luster, or left unfinished and prepared with 180 grit sandpaper
- Precision cut and detailed: Handcrafted in Vermont, USA by professional craftsmen
- Volume discount: Save 35% on 4 or more tops*
*Available on phone orders only, call 1-800-748-3480, 8 a.m.–4 p.m. eastern. Can not be combined with other discounts, shipping calculated separately. Volume discount applies only to tops with the same configuration—does not apply if top sizes are different.